IICS believes in continual improvement and has ongoing strategic development plans to constantly improve its technology.
• iPads in Early Years 3, 4, 5 and Grade 1 with applications that integrate into the curriculum. At this early childhood stage, the iPads allow young learners to become primary researchers.
• In grades 2 through 5 there is a 2-to-1 Macbook program.
• In grade 6 the Macbook program is 1-to-1.
• In grades 7-12 there is a 1-to-1 Macbook program.
• In gradesEarly Years-Grade 4, all teachers will have their own class websites, give class news, and provide RSS feeds for updates. Grades 5 and 6 will start students maintaining their own websites.
• Currently all classrooms on both campuses have data projectors in every room, as well as an iMac computer. Most classrooms have Apple TV.
• Every classroom has an interactive smartboard.
• All teachers in primary school have their own digital camera to help the preserve classroom events, special projects, field trips, etc. There are also 40 cameras available for student use schoolwide.
• IICS has a robust intranet used for a variety of information sharing: teachers posting assignments, students submitting work, teachers commenting on work, students engaging in peer review, students registering for co-curricular activities and more.
• The entire school is networked via Ethernet as well as wi-fi. Our school internet bandwith at Marmara Campus is a 50 mbps fiber optic connection.
• All students grades 2-12 are provided with a school email account, which is their official digital line of communication with their teachers. Our school uses Google email as well as Google Drive and Google Calendar. Using Google Drive allows the students and teachers share files and collaborate online. Google Calendar enables teachers and staff to share their calendars and helps student learn time management. Students can also make bookings to reserve a video camera, a specific room for events (like the theater), etc.
• At the beginning of the school year we have added another color printer in Marmara Campus for students/teachers use.
• Our New Literacies Team works with teachers/students to provide assistance-- explanation of a new software, troubleshooting a technical issue with equipment, or help with our existing tools like planning a student assignment in our Managebac program.
SECONDARY SCHOOL ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The use of a mobile computing device for learning is required and a privilege at IICS. The responsible use of technology at IICS is guided by both IICS’s mission statement as well as the IB Learner Profile. This means that we are inquisitive, compassionate, and creative users of technology who are committed to maintaining a caring environment. It also means that our use of technology is balanced and that we are actively engaged in local and international communication and collaboration. Ultimately, we use technology to thoughtfully improve our learning. The Acceptable Use Policy outlines expectations for the use of personal and school technologies at IICS. The Responsible Use Agreement outlines behaviors that ensure the laptop is used for learning and is cared for properly. Additional internet safety FAQs are available here.
Students and parents must read and sign the Acceptable Use Policy which will be provided to them. For your reference, here is the text:
As a responsible and ethical user I am committed to the following:
Acceptable Use Policy
-Not recording, photographing or posting online audio and/or visual content of any person without their direct and clear permission