At IICS technology is integrated at every grade and phase of learning, but we use technology as a tool to achieve our mission rather than an end in itself. We believe that technology, when used appropriately, provides opportunities to support, engage, enhance and transform student learning. Our aim is to develop responsible global citizens equipped with the critical thinking skills and technological literacy necessary to participate in the worldwide community of learners.
The following guiding principles are intended to help us realize our vision:
– The integration of technology into our daily practices enhances teaching and learning.
– Our use of technology provides safe and engaging opportunities for students to communicate with the worldwide community of learners.
– Ubiquitous access to technology is essential to effective 21st-century learning.
– Thorough research, related to future trends and best practices, guides the acquisition, use, and development of technology resources.
– We value diversity and choice. We apply differentiation in the use of technology.
– Technology expectations for students and staff are supported by curricula and ongoing staff development.