Updated 28 January 2020:
Secondary Substitute Art Teacher (Visual Art & HS Art)
Estimated dates of substitution from 01 April, 2020 to 18 December 2020
High School (grades 9-12) Art Teacher (Focus on advanced art classes)
● Minimum Bachelor degree in Art
● Two years of teaching experience
Preferred Experience & Skills
● Experience teaching with the emphasis on the artistic process, experimentation, and art
analysis as well as studio work
● Experience teaching 2D, 3D and digital art forms
● Knowledge and experience in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program and
● Ability to support students with their individual portfolios
● Ability to organize student exhibitions
● Willingness to supervise an after school activity
● Willingness to collaborate with the other members of the department
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits (tax free) are highly competitive with significant savings potential.
Benefits include international and local health insurance.
- CV or resume
- Application letter (no more than two pages)
- A professional photograph
- Up to 3 open professional letters of recommendation (optional)
At IICS, we recognize that recruiting and retaining the best possible faculty team is key to the success of our School. We place a great deal of emphasis on our recruitment process to make sure that we bring inspiring, dedicated professionals to IICS who are also a good fit for the school and for living in Istanbul.
We understand the time, effort and emotional investment involved in submitting applications and we would like to make the process of applying as clear as possible. As positions arise at the school these will be posted in the Employment Opportunities section above. Vacancies are posted from the beginning of October for positions starting in the next academic year. Due to the large volume of application we receive, the Leadership Team may only be able to contact short listed candidates to arrange an interview.